Merck Data & Analytics Specialist in Austin, Texas
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
The Data & Analytics Specialist will deliver actionable analysis and insights from website and portal data. The Specialist will conduct and execute analyses and present conclusions to leadership and key stakeholders. The Specialist will also deploy and maintain analytics tagging, per data governance guidelines.
• Developing, creating, and managing actionable dashboards and KPI reports/analysis
• Implementing tagging requirements as well as maintaining and troubleshooting data systems for collecting, managing and reporting on web analytics, digital advertising properties and other website metrics (e.g., Google Analytics, Tealium, etc)
• Performing formal and informal analysis in order to drive data drive decisions
• Working with various data teams, including Digital Marketing and global marketing teams, to integrate data sources to develop 360 analysis
• Partnering with various teams to develop strategies to improve user engagement and KPI performance
• Maintaining and improving standard documentation for data processes and schema definitions
• Providing and presenting analysis and data driven recommendations to key stake holders including managers, executives, and agencies through storytelling and visualizations
• Enabling and promoting a robust testing environment (e.g. A/B and MVT testing, channel attribution)
Education Minimum Requirement:
• BS/BA degree in marketing, statistics, or equivalent experience required.
Required Experience and Skills:
· Minimum of 2 years of digital analytics experience
· Analytical, team player, problem solver, data driven, strategic oriented
· Proficient in Excel, R, Tableau, or other relevant analytic tools
· Experience in defining and deploying tagging infrastructure as well as analytics platform setup
· Experience using Web-based analytics tools, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
· Experience with tracking tags used for online media banners and paid search (e.g. DoubleClick)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
· Ability to understand business reporting requirements and provide analysis that meets the business needs
· Work on a scrum team and/or familiarity with the agile framework
· Understanding of Web site information architecture and design, and how they impact the user experience
· Experience with managing a tag management platform, such as Tealium or GTM
· Proficiency in data visualization tools, such as Tableau
· Knowledge of analytics and coding languages, such as R, Python, and big data environments, such as Hadoop or Redshift
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and must also be a logical thinker with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
Job Business/Technical Analysis
Title: Data & Analytics Specialist
Primary Location: NA-US-TX-Austin
Requisition ID: BUS002678