Merck Clinical Research Associate - DC/MD in Rahway, New Jersey
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Clinical Research Associate acts as primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with ICH-GCP, Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan and associated documents.
Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure:
Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased
Subjects’ right, safety and well-being are protected
Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, close-out visits and records clear, comprehensive and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out.
Education and Experience:
• B.A./B.S. preferred with strong emphasis in science and/or biology
• Minimum 2 years of direct site monitoring experience in a bio/pharma/CRO
Core Competency Expectations:
• Fluent in Local languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and present technical information effectively.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current GCP/ICH & country clinical research law & guidelines.
• Good understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines and ability to work within these guidelines.
• Hands on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
• Proven Skills in Site Management including management of site performance and patient recruitment
• Demonstrated high level of monitoring skill with independent professional judgment.
• Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of various clinical IT applications on computer, tablet and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.
• Ability to understand and analyze data/metrics and act appropriately
*Candidate to be remote based in the DC/Maryland area
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of it’s manifestations.
Job Clinical Research Monitor(CRA)
Other Locations: NA-US-DC-Washington, NA-US-Maryland
Title: Clinical Research Associate - DC/MD
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Requisition ID: CLI008012